- Birdshot Uveitis Society Discussion Forum – This is an area of the BUS website for private discussion about Birdshot. We are also developing our database of research material here.
- Olivia’s Vision – A UK uveitis charity set up in 2011 providing support and information for people with all types of uveitis (includes a discussion forum.) Olivia’s Vision is also raising funds to support training of Uveitis Fellows in England.
- PIC Society and Forum – Punctate Inner Choroidopathy Society helps people diagnosed with PIC, another form of uveitis.
- Rareshare Forum for Birdshot – Based in the US, this website attempts to bring together all the rare diseases. There is a useful summary of Birdshot on this site, although it is not a very active forum yet.
- American Uveitis Society – Provides help for patients and medical professionals interested in uveitis
ARVO – Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology based in the USA
- email@example.com This a spanish website is for people with uveitis, including birdshot uveitis.
- Inflam’oeil – This is a french information support group for people with uveitis. They have regular meetings for patients which are held in Paris.
- International Ocular Inflammation Society – The International Ocular Inflammation Society (IOIS) is an independent scientific society, interested in the study of ocular inflammatory diseases
- International Uveitis Study Group – The IUSG comprises researchers and clinicians who are commited to stimulate, encourage, and intensify a concerted effort in research and clinical management of uveitis, with the goal of developing new methods for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of blindness
- Patiëntengroep Uveïtis This is a dutch website for people with uveitis, including birdshot uveitis.
- The Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Foundation – Dr Foster started the Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Foundation, for the purpose of research and education in ocular immunology and ocular inflammatory diseases. It is full of information about uveitis, support groups and medical research paper.
- Amsler Grid – An amsler grid is useful for testing your central vision.
- Ask Doctor Foster – Stephen Foster is a doctor based in Boston who answers questions on-line. Because of where it is based it has a US slant. Dr Foster responds quickly and is prepared to collaborate with your specialist if necessary.
- Fight for Sight – a specialist eye research charity who’s mission is to stop sight loss in its tracks. BUS works in partnership with Fight for Sight raising funds for jointly funded research work into birdshot uveitis.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind – You don’t need to have lost your sight, or to be registered as blind or partially-sighted for Guide Dogs to help you. You just need to have sight loss that makes it difficult to get around independently or live life to the fullest.
- RNIB – Royal National Institute of Blind People is a leading UK charity offering information, support and advice people who have a vision problem. They have a useful directory that can be found at:- http://www.sightlinedirectory.org.uk/
- VISION 2020 is an umbrella organisation which facilitates greater collaboration and co-operation between organisations within the UK, which focus on vision impairment and operate on a national, regional or international basis. You can sign up to receive the VISION 2020 Newsletter by registering on their website and ticking the box to say you would like to receive a newsletter.