These factsheets are provided in PDF format so that they can easily be printed out or saved to your computer.
The BUS factsheets have all been checked by medical professionals.
- About birdshot chorioretinopathy, full version
- About birdshot chorioretinopathy, short version
- DEXA (DXA) scan – measuring bone density
- Electroretinography (ERG) testing
- What is an OCT scan?
- Biologics and biosimilars: what’s the difference?
- Folic acid and methotrexate: some Q&As
Patient information factsheets
(also available as audio recordings and PDF’s for printing or saving).
- Steroid tablets
- Mycophenolate mofetil and mycophenolic acid
- Calcium and Vitamin D (colecalciferol) supplements
Moorfields Eye Hospital leaflets
- Cataract surgery
- Fluorescein and indocyanine green angiography
- Ozurdex implants
- Steroid eye injections
- Vision and Driving FAQ’s – Group 1 driving licence holders
Other intravitreal implants
Note: Iluvien is used in UK while the almost identical Yutiq is used in the US. Retisert is not available for NHS use in the UK.
Article comparing Iluvien, Retisert and Yutiq https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/differences-between-iluvien-retisert-yutiq-3451463/.
Posters used at the first Birdshot Day 2010
Below are links to posters designed by Moorfields Eye Hospital staff. We are very grateful to the staff for preparing these specially for the first Birdshot Day. The posters on medicines summarise some of the side-effects and drug or food interactions for each medicine.
The poster on ERG testing gives more information about the test and explains what is involved, using diagrams and photographs.
You may find these Patient.info factsheets useful.
Visual Fields test
- Visual Fields published by the American Academy of Ophthalmology.