These factsheets are provided in PDF format so that they can easily be printed out or saved to your computer. The first seven BUS factsheets have all been checked by medical professionals.
The patient information factsheets 1-8 are linked to Patient UK website.
- Birdshot Uveitis Society factsheet, full version – revised July 2016
- Birdshot Uveitis Society factsheet, short – revised July 2016
- What is a DEXA (DXA) scan?
- Electroretinography (ERG) testing
- What is an OCT Scan?
- Immunosupression and lifestyle – revised March 2018
- Biologics and biosimilars, what’s the difference? October 2017
Patient Information factsheets
(also available as audio recordings and PDF’s for printing or saving)
- Patient information for steroid tablets
- Patient information for azathioprine
- Patient information on ciclosporin
- Patient information on mycophenolate mofetil and mycophenolic acid
- Patient information for tacrolimus
- Patient information about calcium and vitamin D (colecalciferol) supplements
- Patient information about biologics such as adalimumab and infliximab (Humira and Remicade)
- Patient information about methotrexate
Below are links to leaflets which have been produced by Moorfields Eye Hospital which you may find helpful.
- Moorfields Eye Hospital leaflet about blepharitis
- Moorfields Eye Hospital leaflet about having a cataract operation
- Moorfields Eye Hospital leaflet on fluorescein and indocyanine green angiography
- Moorfields Eye Hospital leaflet about having and ozudex implant
- Moorfields Eye Hospital leaflet on steroid injections
Posters used at the first Birdshot Day 2010
Below are links to posters designed by Moorfields Eye Hospital staff. We are very grateful to the staff for preparing these specially for the first Birdshot Day. The posters on medicines summarise some of the side-effects and drug or food interactions for each medicine.
The poster on ERG testing gives more information about the tests and explains what is involved, using diagrams and photographs.
We would be pleased if you can help us publicise the Birdshot Uveitis Society for us.
Please contact BUS if you would like copies of any of our publicity material. If you would like to print your own copies, please click on the links below. This helps save valuable resources and reduces BUS costs on postage and printing.
General leaflet as a pdf file about the Birdshot Uveitis Society – in black and white, suitable to be printed on a computer printer.
General leaflet as a pdf file about the BUS leaflet 2018 – in black and white, suitable to be printed on a computer printer.
Publicity poster for display in eye clinics, hospitals, opticians, doctors surgeries etc. These are best printed in colour.
Corporate fundraising brochure briefly explaining the Birdshot Uveitis Society’s objectives and work. Please contact us if you would like to receive copies to assist with promotion and fundraising for us. The cost of producing this brochures was sponsored by John F Hunt and Premier Print Limited. They are a pocket sized 4 fold leaflet.