The UK’s NHS flu immunisation programme for adults and eligible children started on September 11th 2023.
Flu immunisation is being offered to the following groups of people:
- Age 65 and over (England and Wales); age 50 and over (Scotland and Northern Ireland)
- Age 6 months to under 65 years in ‘clinical risk groups’ – this includes people on immunosuppressive treatment
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals – this includes close contacts of people on immunosuppressive treatment
- Workers in residential care homes, domiciliary care, hospices
- Healthcare workers
- Carers for elderly or disabled people
- People in long-stay residential care
- Pregnant women
- Children aged 2 – 3 years on August 31st 2023
- School-aged children (Reception to Year 11)
You may be offered the flu vaccine and the COVID-19 booster at the same appointment.
For more information, go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/