We are delighted to announce that this year we have three awards available under the jointly funded small research projects scheme which Fight for Sight run.
Details about these awards are below:
Awards under this scheme are designed to provide support for birdshot clinical research studies only. The studies are to be conducted into any of the charity’s six research priority areas as detailed in the Charity’s Research Strategy 2012-2017. In addition the charity is keen to address the priorities identified by the Sight Loss and Vision Priority Setting Partnership
Fight for Sight is an NIHR Partner Organisation which means that clinical studies we fund are eligible for inclusion in the NIHR Clinical Research Network Portfolio. This allows the study team to have access to clinical infrastructure/NHS Service Support through the NIHR Clinical Research Networks.
Fight for Sight operates a Peer Review system that the charity believes enables an equitable and efficient way to review grant applications. Fight for Sight is unable to provide feedback for the Small Grant Awards Schemes.
- Applicant must be affiliated with a UK academic or medical institutions.
- Applicants must have a contract which extends beyond the termination date of the award.
- These awards are limited to clinical research projects in the field of ophthalmology and vision science. Clinical research is research that either directly involves human participants or uses materials from patients (including human samples and human data).
- These awards must not involve the use of animals or animal derived cell lines / samples.
Financial support and duration
- Awards for up to £15,000.
- Includes the costs of
- employment (except Applicants; clinical applicants are expected to have protected research time in their NHS contracts);
- consumables; and
- equipment essential for the project.
- Excludes indirect costs and any other non-attributable overhead costs.
- These awards are tenable for up to 12 months.
- These awards are not to be used to top-up existing grants.
The call for “Small Grant Awards” is now open. The closing date for application submissions is 5pm on Wednesday 23 August 2017.
Application must be submitted via our online system grants.fightforsight.org.uk
Late applications will not be considered.